The mission of the Special Programme for Development of Capacities (in short IUFRO-SPDC) is “to expand and foster forest research capacity in developing and economically disadvantaged countries“.
According to the programme’s strategy for 2007 to 2010 the IUFRO-SPDC activities cover the
following five priority areas:
- Enhancing core scientific competence;
- Improving information management and dissemination;
- Enhancing science contribution to policy processes;
- Promoting communication and multi-stakeholder learning processes,
- Providing institutional support to regional forest research networks.